Senior Software Engineer, Full-Stack
Who is Roadpass Digital:
Roadpass Digital is creating the leading technology platform for road-based travel and outdoor tourism. Through our brands, Roadpass Digital is focused on making it easier to experience, own, and maintain recreational vehicles as well as more easily discover, book, and navigate road trips. Learn about our family of brands: Campendium, OvernightRVParking, Roadtrippers, RVillage, and Togo RV at Roadpass.com.
We are looking for a talented Sr. Software Engineer, Full-Stack to join our team!
The Senior Software Engineer, Full-Stack provides critical expertise and participates in the overall development and growth of Campendium and the Campground Marketplace, from the backend infrastructure through to the web and mobile applications..
Where You're Located:
Candidates for this role will be based in the United States and can work remotely or in our Chicago or Cincinnati offices.
- Develop Campendium and Campground Marketplace services and mobile/web applications according to architecture and UX/design specifications
- Work as part of a full stack development pod and make design and development decisions that incorporate the needs and feedback from all members of the development lifecycle, as well as external parties
- Contribute and/or lead in the development of technical design specifications, and provide implementation guidance to other members of the development team
- Work with product management on refining software specifications
- Write clear, concise, modular, and testable code
- Write software test plans and contribute to overall automation as applicable
- Participate in the full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) including technical reviews and designs, development, testing, and deployment/operations in conjunction with the full development team
- Consider the big picture of their work, and occasionally step outside of their role to make suggestions, lead initiatives, or bring attention to and solve problems as they become apparent
- Be willing to provide technical support of Roadpass Digital’s products and services at times outside of normal business hours
What You’ve Done Before:
- 5-8 years of professional experience in a full-time development role
- Excellent problem solving, issue identification, and technical documentation skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate within a team
- Strong object-oriented design and programming skills
- Strong working knowledge with C# .NET
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and/or containerization
- Experience with GitHub Actions or similar
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS
- Experience with Git, build and continuation integration
- Experience with test-driven development and test-automation
- Experience with scrum or other agile methodologies and development processes
- Experience with Ruby on Rails is a plus
Why you should join our team:
- Flexible Workplace: While our headquarters are in Cincinnati and Chicago, our team lives across the globe. We partner with our team to help them achieve personal and professional alignment, helping our employees to define their own blend of work-life balance.
- Office Perks: Employees that work out of one of our main offices enjoy beverages, snacks, lunches and happy hour benefits.
- Unlimited Vacation & Extensive Holiday Schedule: We believe this is a partnership and we trust our employees to build their own time-off schedule and encourage our teams to take time for their well-being.
- Collaborative & Inclusive Culture: Our employees work in small, self-organized and cross-functional teams that determine the best tactics to support the vision and strategy set by leadership. We encourage and welcome all ideas, taking an agile approach to creating an amazing product.
- Growth Opportunity: Through our Roadpass to Learning program, we offer both tuition reimbursement and upskilling programs. We also focus on career development within our teams through 1:1 Manager led conversations and hands-on learning to create endless opportunities.
- Focus on Well-Being: We pride ourselves on offering numerous benefit options to best fit the needs of our employees and their families, including domestic partners. Benefits include medical (PPO & HDHP-HSA), dental, vision, flexible spending account, commuter benefit, discount programs, life & disability insurance and accident insurance. We also offer a 401k program with company match and paid parental leave.
- Live your Passion: We believe in living our mission and vision, as a member of our team our employees enjoy a lifetime subscription to Roadpass! In addition to our Work-Detoured benefit which encourages and reimburses our team to live our brand by enjoying the outdoors.
The Roadpass Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and high-performing workplace culture. We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
If you are covered by the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and would like to request assistance with our website or application process, please contact us at HumanResources@roadpass.com. Roadpass Digital is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V/SO
At this time Roadpass Digital is unable to provide visa sponsorship. Kindly note, we are not accepting unsolicited applicants from 3rd parties. Please apply online to be considered as a candidate.