Principal Software Engineer, Lead
- United States
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Who is Roadpass Digital:
Roadpass Digital is creating the leading technology platform for road-based travel and outdoor tourism. Through our brands, Roadpass Digital is focused on making it easier to experience, own, and maintain recreational vehicles as well as more easily discover, book, and navigate road trips. Learn about our family of brands: Campendium, OvernightRVParking, Roadtrippers, RVillage, and Togo RV at Roadpass.com.
We are looking for a talented Principal Software Engineer (Lead) to join our team!
The Principal Software Engineer, Lead writes code and designs technical solutions that simplify the complexities of travel planning and discovery at scale. The role works with other developers as well as the business, content, and design teams to enhance the user experience of the Roadtrippers products. Additionally, this role helps facilitate growth of other team members, plans and communicates work to be done, and consults on technical issues and projects.
Where You're Located:
Candidates for this role will be based in the United States and can work remotely or in our Chicago or Cincinnati offices.
- Manage full life-cycle software development by analyzing, writing, building, and deploying software
- Writes software to solve business problems such as:
- Implement trip planning features
- Develop APIs for use with mobile applications
- Perform integrations with other SAS providers
- Works with with the team to:
- Perform peer review code and provide constructive feedback
- Communicate progress with team leads and project managers
- Facilitate testing of features and iterate on problem solutions
- Provides growth opportunities and feedback to other team members
- Plans and communicates work to be done
- Completes tasks efficiently and on time
- Consult on technical issues and projects
- Diagnose and fix software defects when discovered
What You’ve Done Before:
- 7+ years of professional development experience
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or relevant work experience
- Ruby on Rails experience required
- Experience with full stack web development and versatile across client, server, and database
- Experience using Git and Linux command line
- Knowledge of native web app architecture and modern frameworks
- Work as both a self-guided team member and project team leader
- Interpersonal and technical communication skills
- Familiar with SDKs and geospatial data (Preferred)
- Experience in people management (Preferred)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), React, Mapbox, PostgreSQL, PostGIS, Elasticsearch, Redis, AWS, and Ansible (Preferred)
Why you should join our team:
- Flexible Workplace: While our headquarters are in Cincinnati and Chicago, our team lives across the globe. We partner with our team to help them achieve personal and professional alignment, helping our employees to define their own blend of work-life balance.
- Office Perks: Employees that work out of one of our main offices enjoy beverages, snacks, lunches and happy hour benefits.
- Unlimited Vacation & Extensive Holiday Schedule: We believe this is a partnership and we trust our employees to build their own time-off schedule and encourage our teams to take time for their well-being.
- Collaborative & Inclusive Culture: Our employees work in small, self-organized and cross-functional teams that determine the best tactics to support the vision and strategy set by leadership. We encourage and welcome all ideas, taking an agile approach to creating an amazing product.
- Growth Opportunity: Through hands-on learning and development, the opportunities are endless.
- Focus on Well-Being: We pride ourselves on offering numerous benefit options to best fit the needs of our employees and their families, including domestic partners. Benefits include medical (PPO & HDHP-HSA), dental, vision, flexible spending account, commuter benefit, discount programs, life & disability insurance and accident insurance. We also offer a 401k program with company match and paid parental leave.
- Live your Passion: We believe in living our mission and vision, as a member of our team our employees enjoy a lifetime subscription to Roadpass! In addition to our Work-Detoured benefit which encourages and reimburses our team to live our brand by enjoying the outdoors.
The Roadpass Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and high-performing workplace culture. We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
If you are covered by the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and would like to request assistance with our website or application process, please contact us at HumanResources@roadpass.com. Roadpass Digital is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V/SO
At this time Roadpass Digital is unable to provide visa sponsorship. Kindly note, we are not accepting unsolicited applicants from 3rd parties. Please apply online to be considered as a candidate.